Wedding Day Plans
Apr 25, 2012 Plan The Perfect Wedding
Wedding day plans, before you can start finalizing your wedding plans there are a few more professionals you need to work with. These are a few more people you have to pull together to finish making the day just right.
As mentioned earlier, you do need to take the time to work with each of these professionals. Interview them and learn about them. You want to be sure that you know just whom you are working with. At the same time, keep in mind the importance of working with someone that you like, trust and are comfortable.
You likely want to remember your special day very much and you can do this in photograph form. Photographers do not just do pictures, but also video too. You can choose the medium that is right for your special occasion. One of the best ways to learn about the professionals you will work with is to visit their location and look at their photographs. Find out what they can offer.
Here are some things to think about:
- Is the photographer available on your wedding day for the entire day?
- How many locations will they shoot at?
- Is there a limit to how much film they will use?
- Can they do video for you, too?
- Ask questions regarding price and how it is calculated. What is included in the package?
Be sure you like the photographer. This person will be intimately involved with you on your wedding day.
Music is nearly always something to add to a wedding celebration, usually in various ways. Music may be used at your wedding ceremony. It may be provided by your church, or something you have to pay for in addition to other costs. You may want music at your reception too. There are plenty of options from private bands to DJ's and everything in between. You can hire a violinist, a guitar player, a pianist or a variety of others to play for you.
Music is often a personal decision, but you both should enjoy it. Listen to the group perform. Ask questions of them about their experience playing at weddings. In most situations, you want the music professional to play a wide range of music so that they appeal to a wide range of people who will be at your reception.
Here are a few things to think about:
- Where do you need music at the Church, reception, and prior to reception?
- What type of music do you want to have?
- When meeting with professionals, find out how long they will perform for you. Does this fit your timeline?
- Determine your need for a master of ceremonies. Usually, band leader can lead your events by making announcements for you.
- How much time do they need for set up and tear down?
- Can you give them songs you would like them to play?
The most important thing to remember is that you have to love this performer so that you have assurance of their ability to make your night special.
Gifts For Wedding Party
In many families, it is a tradition for the bride and the groom to give a small gift to each of the members of their wedding party. This gift is a thank you gift or a special remembrance token for them. It does not have to be expensive, but it should be something that they will appreciate for years to come.
Purchase these items when you find them, but keep a few things in mind.
- Consider personalizing them. If you have enough time, this adds a very special remembrance for them.
- Be sure to say thank you. Being part of a wedding is never easy to do.
- Look for gifts that are personal in meaning rather than generic, for more meaning and a better result.
You do not have to provide this type of gift, but if you do, take the time to do it right.
Odds and Ends
Before you move forward, do take a few minutes now to look at all of your needs. The following is a list of items you may have forgotten about but may need to pick up.
- Guest sign in book for the wedding reception.
- Announcement cards and hold the date cards for your special event.
- Cake cutting knife personalized as a special way to remember the day.
- A wedding candle for the church.
- Aisle runners for the church.
- Flower girl and ring bearer items.
- Bubbles for after the ceremony.
- Programs to hand to guests at the ceremony.
- Wedding favors, personalized with your wedding information for reception guests.
- Shoes: groom and bride shoes.
- Wedding hair accessories.
Now that you have all of these items in place, step back and take a deep breath. There is much more to prepare for on this very special day!